Monday, March 5, 2012

Motos, Motos,and more Motos

So, I've been in Cambodia for four days now, and although I am pretty sure I've lost close to 5lbs in sweat, I am SO loving it! God has been so good and blessed me with such a great group of people that have been so thoughtful and welcoming. I'm staying in the capital city of Phnom Penh until Friday when I will be moving up to Siem Reap and living there for the next two years.
Right now Don (the director of Agape) wants me to feel comfortable before I jump into things so right now I'm just acclimating to the time and hot humid weather, but don't worry, I'm not bored. ;)
So far I have learned to not only ride on a moto, but ride on a moto sidesaddle in a skirt! AND even more importantly, I learned how to drive one! Now, if you ask my friend Isaac who taught me, he would say he was scared the whole time riding on the back while I drove, but I'm just saying....I was awesome! Otherwise, there is no way he would have let me drive 20 minutes from home to work.
Today was the first day getting to see people that I have been with when I came last summer, and what a joy! It was such a blessing to not only have the people on staff remember me, but all the kids. After the Kid's Club ended, the kids were so excited and wanted to give me high fives. I gave so many high fives my hand literally turned red and hurt for a solid 5 minutes. It was wonderful!
God has really blessed me so far! He's blessed me with new friends, a warm welcome and lots of laughter. I'm really excited to see what's going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment